Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:03:17 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Richard DeVenezia <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Text Entry Control in SAS/AF V8.2 (Data Form)

Deborah:

I don't see this 'problem' occurring. You drop a Form Viewer Control into the build frame and then a SAS Data Set Model on that. Set the data set model .table attribute to the name of your data set, which in turn causes the form viewer to create label and input controls for each column of the table. What kind of controls are being made for you ? My system defaults to Text Label Control and Text Entry Controls. You should have Text Label Controls DF0--DF(N-1) where N is the number of columns in the table. There should also be Text Entry Controls with the same name as the table column names. A Text Entry Control should scroll the displayed value as the cursor moves against the control boundary.

Are you using the dataForm attribute of the SAS Data Set model ? If so, this would most likely impact the class (and settings thereof) used to represent the table columns in the data form.

-- Richard DeVenezia - SAS Macros and AF Tools http://www.devenezia.com

"Deborah Testa" <dtesta@sevenofninesystems.com> wrote in message news:9r9cd8$j3k$1@slb1.atl.mindspring.net... > My data set variable is $100., but there isn't room on the screen to display > all 100 characters. Is there a way to represent the variable with 20 > characters on the screen, and have the text scroll horizontally as the user > types or arrows past the 20th character? Do I have to remove the default > widget created by the SAS Data Set model, or do I just modify the default > one? I tried modifying the format in the SAS Data Set model, but that > actually truncated the value. > > Thanks.