Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:53:07 +0300
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arjen Raateland <Arjen.Raateland@VYH.FI>
Subject:      Program flow control question (SCL)?

In redesigning an application the only stuff left in a particular program display is some text, but no user input fields. This Program entry is supposed to run a submit continue block. If I put the submit block in the MAIN section, the window is displayed, but the code is never run, because there is no input from the user. If I put the code in the INIT section, the code is run, but the window only appears after the code has run, which is useless.

Is there a simple way to have the window show first and only then have the submit block execute automatically, preferably without an extra subordinate SCL entry containing only the submit block?

BTW, actually I close the window with EXECCMD('End') immediately after the code has run. The program entry also returns a message text to the calling entry, hence the choice of SUBMIT CONTINUE.

TIA, -- Arjen Raateland Finnish Environment Institute SAS Support phone +358 9 4030 0350