Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:30:01 -0600
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Zachary Feinstein <zfeinstein@MPLS.TOTALRES.COM>
Subject:   What's the matter with the following syntax?

RECODE p3b_1 TO p3b_14 p3b_99 (ELSE = COPY) INTO p3bx_1 TO p3bx_14 p3bx_99. EXECUTE.

VECTOR p3bx_(14). LOOP #i = 1 TO 14. IF (p3a = #i) p3bx_(#i) = 1. END LOOP.

I'm trying to get singular values into a dichotomized multiple-response field that already has stuff in it.

In a nutshell, I'm trying to make a vector (or array) out of a range of variables that pre-exist.

Zachary zfeinstein@mpls.totalres.com (952) 541-7161