Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Nov 2001 13:26:12 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Carol Mitchell Smith <mitch@KENT.EDU>
Subject:      Computing factor scores for pre-set factors

I need to obtain factor scores for factors with already set items in them. That is, I'm using an instrument that has already been factor analyzed and the item content of the factors is already set in stone. I need to obtain the factor scores for these factors using the Bartlett method. I have followed the instructions for the MGFA from SPSS's AnswerNet, but I am still lost.

I am working on my doctoral dissertation and am under deadline (of course).

I am using SPSS Base 10.0.7 (Graduate Pack) for Windows ME.

Can you help?

Thanks very much.

-- Carol Mitchell Smith PhD Candidate Counseling and Human Development Services Kent State University mitch@kent.edu