Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:27:24 +0000
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "R. Allan Reese" <R.A.Reese@GRI.HULL.AC.UK>
Subject:      Query: Repeated measure, polynomial contrast

I have a table of data with one value for each month at a number oflocations. Clearly the monthly values at any location are correlated, so it seems to me appropriate to fit a quadratic curve across the months and test for differences in the coefficients between locations. What I cannot fathom how to do is to stop SPSS fitting and testing polynomials up to order 11, and therefore reporting no error term. Can anyone advise please whether a specific set of values after the POLYNOMIAL keyword can do this, or if I'm barking ... up the wrong tree / mad.

GLM jan feb mar apr may jun jul aug sep oct nov dec BY station /WSFACTOR = response 12 Polynomial /METHOD = SSTYPE(3) /EMMEANS = TABLES(station) /CRITERIA = ALPHA(.05) /WSDESIGN = response /DESIGN = station .

R. Allan Reese Email: r.a.reese@gri.hull.ac.uk