Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:09:38 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jack Hamilton <JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.COM>
Subject:      Re: IRC SAS Channel; also thanks to David Ward on object basedSAS
Comments: To: barry@RUSTYBRICK.COM

SAS Programmers Worldwide are already united using SAS-L, and we don't have to be logged on to see what's happening. What's the advantage to IRC?

-- JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com Development Manager, Technical Group METRICS Department, First Health West Sacramento, California USA

>>> "Barry Schwartz" <barry@RUSTYBRICK.COM> 11/01/2001 7:19 am >>> IRC is similar to AOL chat rooms but they are much more text based.

IRC works with any internet connection. You connect to a server and then join a channel (chat room) and there is your live online resource of 100 people who specialize in your area.

For more information on irc please go to http://www.irc.org/

By setting up a channel devoted to SAS programmers we can unite SAS programmers worldwide. Could you imagine the benefits???

------------------ Barry Schwartz RustyBrick barry@rustybrick.com www.rustybrick.com 845.352.3707