Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (December 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Dec 2001 18:26:36 -0000
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David Lindsay <spss@SDRESEARCH.COM>
Subject:      Re: Jobs Available in 57 Countries

On 6 Dec 2001, at 11:06, David Capano wrote:

> Advertisements on a Listserv are obnoxious and an insult to all. I > joined this list to learn, not to be harrassed with ads.

I agree, I am getting a little fed up with ads, cvs, course ads, conference paper requests, job ads, viruses, spam, requests to join, requests to leave etc. etc. If you look at the SPSS site they believe that this list has been setup to discuss SPSS problems across the community, and it would be nice to keep it that way.

Its worth bearing in mind that this is an international group with members inside and outside the US and those outside have very little interest in US specific mailings. If you allow one type of spam then this implies a justification for all sorts of spurious postings.

I take several other lists and they are being ruined by "noise".

Thanks for your time.

-- David Lindsay Significantly Different! Research, Reading,Berks. GB Market Research Services & Consultancy mailto: David.Lindsay@SDResearch.com http://www.SDResearch.com/