Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 7 Dec 2001 08:51:46 -0600
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Sterling Price <ssprice@WAL-MART.COM>
Subject:   Re: OS/390 v609E->v8.2 problem

I found the answer -- here it is in case anyone else runs into it:

SN-002856 COMPATIBILITY ISSUE

Change in FILEEXT= system option generates "Apparent invocation of macro not resolved"

Product: Base SAS Component: OPTIONS statement/window/procedure Priority: N/A

In Version 8 of the SAS System, the FILEEXT= option should be set to IGNORE (the default) when using autocall macros. Specifying any other value may generate the following messages in the SAS Log:

WARNING: Apparent invocation of macro XXXXX not resolved. ERROR 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order.

In Version 6 of the SAS System, the default value for FILEEXT is VERIFY. However, it was incorrectly functioning as if IGNORE was specified. This was corrected in Version 8 so that FILEEXT=VERIFY looks for an extension of .SAS, and correctly causes the messages listed above.