Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:13:03 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Droogendyk Bill <bill_droogendyk@DOFASCO.CA>
Subject:      Re: Using the correct printer in batch jobs
Comments: cc: "poulravn1@HOTMAIL.COM" <poulravn1@HOTMAIL.COM>

Poul:

The code below should steer you in the right direction - run proc options interactively when you've selected the correct printer to get 'your printer name' from 'sysprint='

goptions dev=winprtc rotate=landscape;

options sysprint='your printer name' 'f:\qsrptsys\reports\weekly\yld_tube' ;

proc greplay nofs; igout=gseg; **YLD_TUBE.PDF;

replay y23 y231 y232 y233 y234 y235; replay y24 y241 y242 y243 y244 y245; replay y25 y251 y252 y253 y254 y255; replay c23 tbs23 c24 tbs24 c25 tbs25 c26 tbs26 c27 tbs27;

run;

quit;

hth

W.(Bill) Droogendyk Quality Systems Dofasco Inc. Hamilton ON Canada 905 548 7200 x3359

SAS: Anything else is just a toy!

Give Blood! Save a life! Appointments @ 1 888 871 7201

-----Original Message----- From: poulravn1@HOTMAIL.COM [mailto:poulravn1@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: 07 December, 2001 5:23 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Using the correct printer in batch jobs

Hi there,

I have been grabbling with this problem a number of times:

I need to have a batch program print some very large and complicated graphs exactly the same way that they are printed from the Graph-window in an on-lne session on SAS 8.2 under Win98.

I am using the WINPRTC printer driver and I choose a printer from the selection menu with all the printers availbale i WIN98.

In the batch program I want to use that same (A3-size) printer and I want the batch program to print automatically to it, without having to save the graph to a file and copying it to the printer, as I have been doing before.

How do I accomplish that?

Many regards

Poul Ravn Sørensen