Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:35:20 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jeff Morison <jmt_mtf@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      COBOL Copy books

Hi:

I was wondering if any of you who work on mainframe know this, we have several flat files on mainframe, each of which has an associated COPY BOOK(a field description file), is there any easy way to find out which copy book is associated with a given flat file on mainframe, is this an internal thing?, or is there any command or tool out there which can tell me the name of the copy book for a particular file.

Some of those flat files will be converted to SAS datasets once we know the name of the copy book.

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA.