Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:10:57 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Dennis G. Fisher" <dfisher@CSULB.EDU>
Subject:      lab data???
Comments: To: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>

I have a question for people who work with data from lab tests. Some of the data I am working with is reported as >50000 or >850000 for examples. These are values that exceeded the ability of the lab to obtain exact values. I cannot put < or > as numerical values for analysis purposes as SAS will interpret them as character values. I am leaning toward just deleting those values (converting them to . or missing). Is this the right way to do this???? If not, why not and what should I do instead???? TIA

Dennis Fisher

-- Dennis G. Fisher, Ph.D. Director Center for Behavioral Research and Services 1090 Atlantic Avenue Long Beach, CA 90813 562-495-2330 562-983-1421 fax