Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 3)Back to main CONCH-L pageJoin or leave CONCH-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Dec 2001 06:57:51 -0500
Sender:       Conchologists of America List <CONCH-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Victoriano Meneses Sores <aa_aron@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      More about Physidae and thanks

First I want to thank everyone that help me.

Second about Physidae:

I have the books:

(I) - Fecher, Rosina; Falkner, Gerhard. Moluscos. Barcelona, 1993. Naturart, S.A. 287 pages. Note: This is a Spanish edition of the German edition "Weichtiere" by Mosaik Verlag GmbH.

(II)- Bech, Miquel. Fauna malacológica de Catalunya. Mol-lucs terrestres i d´aigua dolça. Barcelona, 1990. Institució Catalana d´Historia Natural. 229 pages.

In those books the Physidae species that appears are:

(I) Aplexa hypnorum (Linneo, 1758) Physa fontinalis (Linneo, 1758) Physella acuta (Draparnaud, 1805) Physella heterostropha (Say, 1817)

But the book saids that are European species so it doesn´t specified that are in the Iberian Peninsula or not. And in this book said too that are 50 species of Superfamily Acroloxacea but only 23 represented in this book. So I was doubful that there were more Physidae in Europe and in Spain.

(II)Aplexa hypnorum (Linné, 1758) Physella (Costatella) acuta (Draparnaud, 1805)

This book discern my doubt about this two species, but I´m still doubtful in there are more Physidae in Spain.

Third some discussions:

I agree with that Bolinus contortus (Michaud, 1839) is a Planorbidae.

A little message to Alfonso Piña: I know those site webs: Gualterianus and Malakos. I consult them often. But about the Physidae species in the first one site web doe´sn´t appear the species, only the family. Anyway the two sites are great!

A little message to Richard L. Goldberg: I´ll try to obtain that bibliography it seems too interesting for me. About Van Aartsen, Menkhorst & Gittenberger "The marine Mollusca of the Bay of Algeciras, Spain, with general notes on Mitrella, Marginellidae and Turridae" BASTERIA, Supplement No. 2, pp. 1-135, 10-XII-1984 (ISSN - 0005-6219) I have it but like a begginer I have many doubts with many species, I think with the help of all of you, I will learn fast.

Four: Maybe these is useful to someone. I think that the species that I found and I´ll try to clasificate from San Roque, Cádiz, Spain are: - Physella acuta (Draparnaud, 1805) Many specimens - Aplexa hypnorum (Linnaeus, 1758) Only one specimen.

Five: I´m expecting more helps. Thanks to everyone.

Victoriano Meneses Sores

A little message to