Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 3)Back to main CONCH-L pageJoin or leave CONCH-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Dec 2001 17:00:26 -0500
Sender:       Conchologists of America List <CONCH-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "R. Goldberg" <worldwide@EROLS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Physidae species from Iberian Peninsula

Dear Victoriano,

At 02:20 PM 12/15/2001, Victoriano Meneses Sores <aa_aron@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: I need to know all the species that from this family are in the peninsula iberica. If you came send me a picture or a discution or bibliography i´ll be you very grateful. Thanks

The following references list these Physidae species:

· Nobre, A., 1941, "Fauna Malacologica de Portugal: Molusco terrestres e fluviais" Physa acuta Draparnaud, 1805 Bulinus contortus (Michaud, 1839)

· Haas, F., 1929, "Fauna Malacologica Terrestre y de Agua Dulce De Cataluna" Physa acuta Draparnaud, 1805 Aplexa hypnorum (Linné, 1758)

Here is a translation. I need that somebody helps me to classify mollusks especially those of environment mediterranean marines and peninsular of interior. I am a beginner in this, but with big longings of learning. Thank you

For the marine species, I would suggest:

Van Aartsen, Menkhorst & Gittenberger "The marine Mollusca of the Bay of Algeciras, Spain, with general notes on Mitrella, Marginellidae and Turridae" BASTERIA, Supplement No. 2, pp. 1-135, 10-XII-1984 (ISSN - 0005-6219)

I hope this is useful.

Rich ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Richard L. Goldberg worldwideconchology.com email: worldwide@worldwideconchology.com Web Site: http://www.worldwideconchology.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[text/html]