Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Dec 2001 16:13:55 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "David L. Ward" <dward@SASHELP.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help with weighted test data

All,

I was able to figure out how to get random, weighted data in the format I described earlier. The trick was to use call rantbl to determine which "buckets" to place the sums in. The code is like this:

call rantbl(seed,&diag,index); sdiag[index]=sdiag[index]+int(ranuni(0)*2);

Where &diag represents a list of weights like .20,.30,.10,.15 etc. I put this code in a loop and distributed a total of 10 patients over the 10 buckets according to this distribution. When I summed up all 5000 or so records, the distribution matched my original percentage goals.

Again, happy new year!

David W