Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:32:50 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Lisa Montiel <montiell@rockinst.org>
Subject:      Re: reading MS ACCESS DB: Does SPSS would read tables with
              replication ids?
Comments: To: "McCrea, Pat A EDUC:EX" <Pat.McCrea@gems7.gov.bc.ca>

Pat,

I use Database Capture to import variables from Access tables to SPSS with no problem. You can choose which variables from each Access table to import (or all) which was handy for what I wanted to do. The only problem I had was the difference in variable naming conventions between the two programs so I had to rename many variables - my variables in Access began with a number but SPSS wanted it to begin with a letter. Let me know if you need help with this option.

-Lisa