Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:20:27 +0100
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Ben Kentzer <Ben_Kentzer@AMP.COM.AU>
Subject:   Re: sharing compiled SASmacro.catalog

19/01/2002 01:20 Ben_Kentzer@amp.com.au Tel: 44-1733 473377

Apologies for the messy sig - Notes is a nightmare...

One possible option is to set up each user's autoexec to copy the macros from the shared area into "WORK.MACROS" within their session. Then set up your SASAUTOS to this catalog. Then the shared library is only shared when someone starts a SAS session. We have it working like this, and it means that we can all amend the macros we need to, when we need to. This update access, of course, can be restricted to the relevant NT users...

HTH

Ben

---------------------- Forwarded by Ben Kentzer/UK/AMP on 18/01/2002 15:14 ---------------------------

Richard Graham <richardwgraham@earthlink.net>@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on 18/01/2002 14:53:12

Please respond to Richard Graham <richardwgraham@earthlink.net>

Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>

To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: Re: sharing compiled SASmacro.catalog

I've not used shared compiled macros like this, but it seems to me that a SAS share server would need to be set up before actually being able to share the catalogs in this manner.

In a similar vein, I do have a SAS Share server set up which allows me to modify frame and scl entries when the catalog is in use by others. Prior to setting up the SAS share server, only one person could use the catalog.

Just a suggestion.

Richard Graham Glencairn Consulting Group

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fehd, Ronald J." <rjf2@CDC.GOV> To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU> Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 9:11 AM Subject: Re: sharing compiled SASmacro.catalog

> From: Peek, Kasi [mailto:Kasi_Peek@BCBST.com] > > I am trying to set up a shared compiled macro library for my group. > > I want to be able to add to it while at the same time > > the others can use the macros. > > I've been following some examples from you I got off SAS_L like: > > %MACRO _ACCESS;%IF "&SYSUSERID." NE "k67587p" %THEN access=readonly; %MEND; > libname imhfmts 'G:\MIM\IMG\IM Health\formats' %_ACCESS; > > yes, I used to use the _ACCESS macro that you refer to. > Good Idea, but lousy in practice. > %_ACCESS is deprecated: no longer used. > Eventually my users got the same message. > The answer supplied by Tech Support is correct: > use your OpSys commands to make sasmacr.sas7bcat ReadOnly. > see Win OpSys commands below my sig. > > When you want to update your macro catalog > you have to have everyone offline, > make sasmacr.sas7bcat ReadWrite. > start a SAS session > %INCLUDE your New&Improved macro(s) > end session > make sasmacr.sas7bcat ReadOnly > notify users that SAS is available. > > Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2@cdc.gov > OpSys: Win_Pro Ver: 8.2 > ---> cheerful provider of TESTED > and sometimes deprecated SAS code from the Clue?Gee!Wrx !*! <--- > > If you always try to be logical, > you probably won't ever have much sorrow, > or much fun. > -- Ashleigh Brilliant pot-shot #4438 > -----Original Message----- > I am trying to set up a shared compiled macro library for my group. I want > to be able to add to it while at the same time the others can use the > macros. I've been following some examples from you I got off SAS_L like: > %MACRO _ACCESS;%IF "&SYSUSERID." NE "k67587p" %THEN access=readonly; %MEND; > libname imhfmts 'G:\MIM\IMG\IM Health\formats' %_ACCESS; > libname immacro 'G:\MIM\IMG\IM Health\immacro' %_ACCESS; > I put that in the autoexec and I come up read/write and everyone else is > read only. However, they can still not use the macros. They get: > ERROR: Write access to member A.SAIMMAC. is denied. > ERROR: A lock is not available for IMMACRO.SASMACR.CATALOG, lock held by > another process. > ERROR: The SAS System was unable to open the macro library referenced by the > SASMSTORE = libref > IMMACRO. > WARNING: Apparent invocation of macro SAS2EXCL not resolved. > ERROR 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order. > NOTE: SCL source line. > 1 %sas2excl(sasin=data.admits1); > - > 180 > When I asked SAS Tech Support, their response was: > Kasi: > To have shared access with the stored compiled macro facility, make > the SASMACR catalog read only using operating system commands. Once > the file is read only, SAS will open it with read only access allowing > multiple users to access it simultaneously. Note, a WARNING will be > issued when the stored compiled facility is brought up in read only > mode. The following is the operating system attribute for > creating read only access: > WIN : ATTRIB +R SASMACR.SC2 > However, I want the ability to update and add new macros. > How does this work for you? > Kasi >

AMP (UK) Financial Services Ltd No. 3715118, NPI Ltd No. 3725037, National Provident Life Ltd No. 3641947, NPI Investment Managers Ltd No. 0962757, AMP Portfolio Managers Ltd No. 2238069, London Life Ltd No. 1179800, London Life Linked Assurances Ltd No. 1396188, Pearl Assurance plc No. 1419, Pearl Assurance (Unit Funds) Ltd No. 1027138, Pearl Assurance (Unit Linked Pensions) Ltd No. 1122485, Pearl Unit Trusts Ltd No. 958262, Pearl ISA Ltd No. 3597973, Pearlinvest Ltd No. 263381 are the companies that make up the AMP Marketing Group and are regulated by the Financial Services Authority for pensions, investments and life assurance. AMP (UK) PGI Ltd No. 2587380 is a member of the General Insurance Standards Council. AMP (UK) Financial Services Ltd is registered with the Mortgage Board. All companies are registered in England at AMP Lynch Wood, Peterborough PE2 6FY. Tel. 01733 470470. We may record or monitor telephone calls to improve service and protect customers.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee and access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. Although this message and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by any AMP Group company for any loss or damage in any way arising from its use.

[...]

This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain information that is confidential and is subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of AMP. Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.