Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:21:48 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Comments:     To: BARBERO Charly <Charly.BARBERO@CNCE.CAISSE-EPARGNE.FR>
From:         Ian Whitlock <WHITLOI1@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Problem with quotes
Comments: To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU

Charly,

I was struggling with this problem just a few days ago, too busy to see your question. In my case I wanted the equivalent of

%let longmac = %sysfunc(repeat( 123456789+, 200 )) ; data w1 ; length longvar $ 2010 ; retain longvar "&longmac" ; run ;

This code triggers the message. The problem is that the compiler automatically triggers the message for long quoted strings. The answer is to use

%let longmac = %sysfunc(repeat( 123456789+, 200 )) ; data w1 ; length longvar $ 2010 ; longvar = symget ( "longmac" ) ; run ;

IanWhitlock@westat.com

-----Original Message----- From: BARBERO Charly [mailto:Charly.BARBERO@CNCE.CAISSE-EPARGNE.FR] Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 10:55 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Problem with quotes

Does someone know how to put more than 262 caracters between quotes ? I always have this message in my macro :

WARNING 32-169: The quoted string currently being processed has become more than 262 characters long. You may have unbalanced quotation marks.

Thank's for all