Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:36:39 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Chakravarthy, Venky" <Venky.Chakravarthy@PFIZER.COM>
Subject:      Re: age calculations etc
Comments: To: David Yeates <david.yeates@UHCE.OX.AC.UK>

David,

There are two new DATE functions that allow a more direct way of calculating what you want.

16 data _null_ ; 17 birth = "21jan1929"d ; 18 refer = today() ; 19 age = int(yrdif(birth,refer,'ACT/ACT')) ; 20 days = datdif(birth,refer,'ACT/ACT') ; 21 put age = days = ; 22 run ;

AGE=72 DAYS=26660

Kind Regards,

Venky #****************************************# # E-mail: venky.chakravarthy@pfizer.com # # swovcc@hotmail.com # # Phone: (734) 622-1963 # #****************************************#

-----Original Message----- From: David Yeates [mailto:david.yeates@UHCE.OX.AC.UK] Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 7:24 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: age calculations etc

Hi All,

I have been puzzling over the following...

Given the birth-date and another reference date refer-date I can calculate the exact age using that old favourite macro

%macro age(birth, refer); int((intck('month',&birth,&refer)-(day(&birth)>day(&refer)))/12); %mend age;

where &birth and &refer are the two dates. Now what I need having calculated the age is exactly how many days are there from the birthday in the year corresponding to refer-date to refer-date itself.

Any ideas very welcome.

Kind regards David UHCE, Oxford University