Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Feb 2002 23:34:08 +0100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ettore Dal Farra <ettdalf@tin.it>
Subject:      Individual data to table

I have the opposite problem than Lawrence. Because of the need to import data stored in SPSS into other applications that require that format, I need to convert individual categorical data into weighted patterns. I tried to use the custom table functions, that substantially does that, but I need a very raw output. Litherally, from a dataset like x y 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 I need to get a simple text file (without labels, borders, eccetera) like x y freq 0 1 3 1 1 2 2 1 1

ecc. I am sure that some years ago I did it by SPSS 6.1, but now - with SPSS 10.1 - I do not succeed anymore.

Any tip?

Thanks in advance.

Ettore -------

----- Original Message ----- From: Lawrence DeCarlo <decarlo@EXCHANGE.TC.COLUMBIA.EDU> Subject: table to individual data