Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:08:03 -0800
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   RAHUL CHAHAL <rahulchahal@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:   Stupid Q on Sorting

Hi, I know there "may" not be a shorter solution but just to know if there is a solution to the following: /************************/ proc sort data=tmp; by var1 descending var2; run; proc sort data=tmp nodupkey; by var1; run; /************************/ What I am doing is first sorting on 2 variables and then deleting dups based on 1 variable. Is it possible to do it in 1 step. Thanks in advance.

-Rahul