Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:03:10 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mike Rhoads <RHOADSM1@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      A musical request from the SAS-L BOF committee

"Please, Please, Please" -- James Brown (1956)

"Ain't Too Proud to Beg" -- The Temptations (1966)

"I Need You" -- America (1972)

"We Need Your SICY Nominations!" -- SAS-L BOF Planning Committee (2002)

Yes, folks, it's time to beg, to plead, to get down on our knees. We REALLY need more nominations for the SAS Institute Consultant of the Year, or SICY. The SICY recognizes "the best of the best," in terms of SAS Institute technical support staff who have gone above and beyond the call of duty to help us SAS users with our problems. This award is particularly special in that SAS Institute provides the winner with a trip to SUGI so that he or she can pick up the prize at the SAS-L BOF. Given the fine efforts of the SAS Institute technical support staff, we figure that this is the least we can do to help show our appreciation.

While the nomination period has closed (and voting has begun) for the MVS and SASLROY awards, you can submit your SICY nominations until March 11. Simply go to the nomination site at http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~ippbr/sugi27/saslbof.htm

We're sincerely hoping to get more nominations before the 11th. If you don't work directly with tech support staff but others at your site do, please forward this message on to them and encourage them to nominate a worthy candidate. Consider this our "nice" musical request -- you wouldn't want a follow-up that would involve us singing on your doorstep. (Trust us on this one.)

The SUGI 27 SAS-L BOF Planning Committee,

Jack Hamilton (JackHamilton@firsthealth.com) [tuba] Larry Hoyle (l-hoyle@ukans.edu) [vocals, dobro] Joe Kelley (jkelley@arches.uga.edu) [fiddle] Sally Muller (sally.muller@sas.com) [lead vocals, harp] Ray Pass (raypass@att.net) [vocals, pennywhistle] Mike Rhoads (RHOADSM1@westat.com) [kazoo, bagpipe] Dianne Rhodes (RHODESD1@westat.com) [ukulele]