Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002)Back to main CICS-L pageJoin or leave CICS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:27:44 -0800
Sender:       CICS List <CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Bob Hildreth <Bob.Hildreth@VOPAKUSA.COM>
Subject:      Re: TCTUA

The IBM-supplied Terminal Type definitions have a TCTUA of zero. You will have to copy these definitions to a group of your own choosing. You can then alter them to add the TCTUA area that you want. Then make sure you install your new group after the IBM ones.

Bob

-----Original Message----- From: Ping Chiao [mailto:Ping.Chiao@NSC.COM] Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 3:17 PM To: CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: TCTUA

Hi Bob, What do you mean not assigned a TCTUA length? In working storage, the TCTUALNG was defined as: 77 TCTUALNG PIC S9(4) COMP VALUE +0. Isn't this enough? Normally, it will return a 44-byte length in TCTUALNG. Ping ----- Forwarded by Ping Chiao/Americas/NSC on 03/19/02 03:10 PM -----

Bob.Hildreth@VOPAKUSA.COM 03/19/02 03:03 PM

To: CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU@Internet cc: (bcc: Ping Chiao/Americas/NSC) Subject: Re: TCTUA

You have not assigned a TCTUA length. If you are using the standard terminal type definitions, you will need to make your own copy, and assign the TCTUA area.

Bob Hildreth VOPAK USA Kirkland, WA.

-----Original Message----- From: Ping Chiao [mailto:Ping.Chiao@NSC.COM] Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 2:43 PM To: CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: TCTUA

Hi, I was wondering on the TCTUA thing: We have a program that has following statements: EXEC CICS ASSIGN TCTUALENG(TCTUALNG) END-EXEC.

IF TCTUALNG > 0 EXEC CICS ADDRESS TCTUA(ADDRESS OF TCTUA-USER-AREA) END-EXEC ELSE MOVE 'TCTUA NOT AVAILABLE ===> SYSTEM ERROR' TO ERRMSGO GO TO 9000-EOJ. Why the TCTUALNG always return '0' ? We are using terminal autoinstall, and it is a self-contained CICS TS 1.3 region (no separate TOR). I'd appreciate someone could shed some light on this. TIA, Ping