Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:00:08 EST
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sally Marrone <LivYorDrem@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Dark morph buteo

I saw a dark morph buteo on Hwy. 280 in that same vicinity on Feb.22, 2002. I believe it is a Western Red-tailed hawk too since I clearly in sunlight saw the rich deep brown (similar to the color of a Harris' hawk) with a delineation of black on his chest with no trace of white. And the tail definitely had red but I would say an adult because of the amount of brown and the lack of white. Sally Marrone McDonough,GA