Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sun, 10 Mar 2002 12:48:11 -0500
Sender:   Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Michel Bertrand <bertrmi@COLBA.NET>
Subject:   Promised translation (quiz 22)

Hi,

For those who could have a problem in understanding the text at http://www.quebecoiseaux.qc.ca/HTML/Defi.html here is the translation I promised in my former message. I hope you will try to identify the quiz bird and I will like very much to receive me your answer. Please don't include my message when replying.

QUIZ 22

Another brown bird, do you think, when the small animal comes to perch itself close to the country lane where you take a walk. But you have your binoculars and, since the bird remains well in sight, you take time to examine it. Which is this bird? Why?

Send your answer before April 5 to Michel Bertrand, 900 rue des Paysans, Sainte-Julie, Qc, Canada (J3E 1K7) or, by e-mail, to bertrmi@colba.net . Do not forget to include your name and your postal address in order to be qualified for the draws. Three one year subscriptions to the magazine QuébecOiseaux (or a prolongation of your current subscription) which will be drawn among the people who will have identified the bird correctly. And more: the Editor Michel Quintin offers a copy of the guide "Oiseaux du Québec et des Maritimes" which will be also drawn among the people who will answer correctly.

Answer to quiz 21

The former quiz bird was a Red-throated Loon, also named Red-throated Diver, in winter plumage (Gavia stellata , Plongeon catmarin). See the current issue of QuébecOiseaux for detailed text on its identification.

MICHEL BERTRAND Sainte-Julie, Qc bertrmi@colba.net

N'oubliez pas d'identifier l'oiseau mystère : Don't forget to identify the mystery bird at : http://www.quebecoiseaux.qc.ca/HTML/Defi.html