Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sun, 17 Mar 2002 07:08:30 -0500
Sender:   Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   janice <janmel@NEFCOM.NET>
Subject:   front yard north Florida

Yesterday we saw our first hummer of the season. It came and went so quickly can not say for sure it was a ruby-throated but believe it was.

Also had (for 24 hours) 2 blue-winged teal migrating through; a male and female.

Our robins have been gone for two weeks but did see a lonesome straggler on the highway outside Macclenny.

We have at least 3 pairs of rufous sided towhees who are permanent residents and at least 2 pairs of cardinals.

1 pair of mockingbirds purple martins setting up residence at least 25 goldfinch, about 1/4 showing considerable yellow at least 50 sparrows - primarily chipping but an occasional clay-colored and 1 white-throated seen Thursday.

Hope everyone is enjoying the arrival of spring. Janice Bessinger Baker County, FL 2 miles south of the GA border