Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (March 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Mar 2002 19:19:25 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Raynald Levesque <rlevesque@videotron.ca>
Subject:      Re: Var labels

Hi

This macro does it automatically for you.

SET MPRINT=no. *////////////////. DEFINE !nolabel(fname=!TOKENS(1)) GET FILE=!fname. N OF CASES 1. FLIP. WRITE OUTFILE='c:\temp\delete var labels.sps' /"VARIABLE LABEL "case_lbl ".". EXECUTE. GET FILE=!fname. INCLUDE 'c:\temp\delete var labels.sps'. !ENDDEFINE. *////////////////.

* Call macro to delete all variable label. SET MPRINT=yes. !nolabel fname='c:\program files\spss\employee data.sav'. SET MPRINT=no.

Regards

Raynald Levesque rlevesque@videotron.ca Visit my SPSS Pages http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/index.htm

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Marcos Sanches Sent: March 8, 2002 2:33 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Var labels

Thanks for the immediate the answer! It really helped me. Anyway, would it be possible to remove the variables labels? Sorry for the wrong subject in the first message.

Marcos

-----Original Message----- From: Hector Maletta [mailto:hmaletta@fibertel.com.ar] Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 2:59 PM To: Marcos Sanches Cc: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Macro Length function

In the Options dialog box (Edit - Options) at the General page of options, choose "Show variable names" instead of "labels" in the upper right option buttons. You can keep the labels for the purpose of producing output. This option only affects how variable lists are shown in dialog boxes.

Hector Maletta Universidad del Salvador Buenos Aires, Argentina

Marcos Sanches wrote: > > Hello! > I've put labels in all variables of a data set and then I realized that it > became troublesome to identify the variables when I need to do things like > frequency tables or crosstables by the SPSS menu. So I need to remove the > variables labels, or find a way to display the variables at the procedure > boxes as their real name, not their labels. How could I do that? > > Thanks, > > Marcos