Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (March 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:44:03 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Craig Kolb <craig@bmi-t.co.za>
Subject:      Re: computing the cophenetic coefficient in SPSS

Hi,

I'll try and find out more for you, and get back to you in a day or two if you're not in a hurry. It is procedure built into NCSS (which I use to supplement my analysis with SPSS), so I'll have to contact them as there is no formula given in the help file.

Regards,

Craig Kolb Research Analyst - Enterprise Solutions Tel: +27 11 803 6412 Fax: +27 11 803 7840 __________________ BMI-T / IDC Africa Your knowledge partner in IT, telecoms and the Internet.

Visit BMI-T online at http://www.bmi-t.co.za Confidentiality Warning ======================= The contents of this e-mail and any accompanying documentation are confidential and any use thereof, in what ever form, by anyone other than the addressee is strictly prohibited.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Olivier Van Parys" <olivier.vanparys@amarach.com> Newsgroups: bit.listserv.spssx-l To: <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 10:24 PM Subject: computing the cophenetic coefficient in SPSS

Greeting to all the members of the list,

Lately I witnessed a really interesting discussion on that list called "analysis for best cluster solution". At some stage, using the cophenetic correlation coefficient was used - I would be keen on experimenting with this - however I was hoping that someone could provide me with a script that would help me to compute it.

Thanking all of you for sharing your expertise and improving others knowledge,

Olivier Van Parys Senior Research Manager @ Amárach Consulting 28 Upper Fitzwilliam Street Dublin 2 Tel: 01 6619147 Fax: 01 6610312 E-mail: olivier.vanparys@amarach.com Web: www.amarach.com