Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (March 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 1 Mar 2002 20:42:51 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Raynald Levesque <rlevesque@videotron.ca>
Subject:   Re: do if problem

Hi

An END IF is missing after the second compute flag = 0.

Ray

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Raffe, Sydelle, SSA Sent: March 1, 2002 8:14 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: do if problem

Can someone tell me what's wrong with my do if -end if syntax? Here's the response I get:

compute flag = 0.

do if (discd gt ' 51' and discd lt ' 57'). if (yrmoda(discyr,discmo,discdy) gt yrmoda(appryr,apprmo,apprdy)) flag = 1.

else if (discd le ' 51' and discd ge ' 57'). compute flag = 0.

execute.

EXECUTE.

>Error # 4095. Command name: EXECUTE >The transformations program contains an unclosed LOOP, DO IF, or complex >file structure. Use the level-of-control shown to the left of the SPSS >commands to determine the range of LOOPs and DO IFs. >This command not executed.

Then it keeps trying to execute and I have to manually run "transformations pending". But it keeps executing. The messages are the same as the above.

Thanks.

Sydelle Raffe OAP 1106 Madison Avenue Oakland, CA 94607 phone (271(2)9143) e-mail (draffe@co.alameda.ca.us