Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:28:05 -0800
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Sharon Ryan <sharon@MATLOCK.WUSTL.EDU>
Subject:   Odd error message re Unix filename

I'm stumped on why I'm getting an error message for the first filename but not for the second in the code below. I've tried changing the filename but get the same error message. Both files are small text files. Any ideas? I'm running SAS version 8.0. I changed first part of path name to xxxx for the example.

Thanks, Sharon Ryan

997 options mprint nocenter ps=2500 errors=1; 998 999 filename in ' /xxxx/home0/sharon/sasuser/lcap/lc-5.asn'; 1000 1001 filename in2 ' /xxxx/home0/sharon/sasuser/lcap/profile2.dat'; 1002 1003 1004 data assign; 1005 infile in (firstobs=2); 1006 input @1 profilea $16. @18 class 4.; 1007 run;

ERROR: A component of /xxxx/home0/sharon/sasuser/lcap/lc-5.asn is not a directory. NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors. WARNING: The data set WORK.ASSIGN may be incomplete. When this step was stopped there were 0 observations and 2 variables. WARNING: Data set WORK.ASSIGN was not replaced because this step was stopped. NOTE: DATA statement used: real time 0.02 seconds cpu time 0.00 seconds

1012 1013 data profiles; 1014 infile in2 ; 1015 input @1 profilet $31. @34 idno 4. ; 1016 length profile $16.; 1017 profile=compress(profilet); 1018 run;

NOTE: The infile IN2 is: File Name=/xxxx/home0/sharon/sasuser/lcap/profile2.dat, Owner Name=sharon,Group Name=staff, Access Permission=rw-r--r--, File Size (bytes)=22040

NOTE: 580 records were read from the infile IN2. The minimum record length was 37. The maximum record length was 37.