Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:46:47 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Gerhard Hellriegel <ghellrieg@T-ONLINE.DE>
Subject:      Re: which is good to read in transport file

Yes, that is true, if the creation of the XPT file was done with the XPORT engine. Have a look at the code and you see, that the XPT extension has nothing to do with the XPORT engine. You can also use:

proc cport lib=... file="XPORT.XPT"

to get one. That one you cannot import with the XPORT engine, independant of the name and extension. For that you have to use PROC CIMPORT.