Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:57:58 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Sigurd Hermansen <hermans1@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:   Re: PROC SQL
Comments:   To: dmeyer@HOAGHOSPITAL.ORG

It may take a while for a GROUP BY query to run. Nonetheless, I suspect that you want to add a QUIT; statement after the query. QUIT has much the same function as a data step RUN. It terminates PROC SQL and instigates process of writing messages to the log. If you break the PROC SQL, it forces the process of writing messages to the log, but, of course, a QUIT works better. QUIT have any effect on the execution of the query. Sig