Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:30:15 +1000
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Brad Wilson <brad.wilson@rmit.edu.au>
Subject:      Interpretation problem with Missing Value Analysis Module

Dear all, I have searched high and low for this in SPSS manuals. I am considering using a data imputation method within spss. I am aware that before doing this I need to calculate whether the data is MCAR (missing completely at random) or MAR (missing at random). I am seeking interpretation of the following: Little's MCAR test: Chisquare=159.792, df=140, Prob=.121.

What does this mean? What is the null hypothesis? h0: observed values= imputed values.

I thank you in advance. Brad Wilson.