Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:31:21 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Dorfman, Paul" <Paul.Dorfman@BCBSFL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Merge W/O Sort
Comments: To: "abdu.elnagheeb@BANKOFAMERICA.COM"
          <abdu.elnagheeb@BANKOFAMERICA.COM>

Abdu,

Two questions about related to resource usage:

1) SAS type of the key (numeric, character) 2) If character: a) how long? b) digital or alpha? 3) How much RAM can you realistically use for a SAS session?

Kind regards, ===================== Paul M. Dorfman Jacksonville, FL =====================

> -----Original Message----- > From: Abdu Elnagheeb [mailto:abdu.elnagheeb@BANKOFAMERICA.COM] > Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 3:56 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Merge W/O Sort > > > Hello, > I really need your help. I have two BIG data sets (17,000,000 > ad 26,000,000) > which I want to merge on one key variable, but I want to > avoid sorting any > of them. What is the most efficient and fastest way to do that? > BWT, I want to do a left join on this key variable (i.e. > keep everyone > in the smaller data set : Note I may have duplicate in the > bigger one and > that is fine). > > Please, email me. > > Thanks, > abdu > >

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the views of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.