Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:22:43 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         yogesh <yogesh.shah@TATAINFOTECH.COM>
Subject:      Error while Creating MDDB

Hi, Hi

When we are trying to build MDDB from a table with multi million distinct records after a long processing time PROC MDDB gives error that memory exhausted and process aborted even though space is available in work space of SAS.Unix Data warehouse server has 2GB RAM and around 4GB Page file.when we tried same thing on windows with some test data (Code is given below) we found that whenever PROC MDDB procedure utility file or temp file larger than RAM size it start dumping into Swap file of operating system instead of SAS utility file in work area. I have tried VMEMsize and PKSIZE option but it is no use.

Regards

Yogesh Shah

/*Creating Three Diff Tables with 200 Distinct Values*/ data date(drop =i); do i = 1 to 200; year = year(i); qtr= qtr(i); month=month(i); dow=weekday(i); day=day(i); date = i; output; end; run; data cust(drop =i); do i = 1 to 200; cust_group = year(i); cust_slmn= qtr(i); cust_type=month(i); cust_city=weekday(i); town=day(i); cust = i; output; end; run; data prod(drop =i); do i = 1 to 200; prod_group = year(i); prod_slmn= qtr(i); prod_type=month(i); prod_city=weekday(i); prod1=day(i); prod2 = i; count= 1; output; end; run; /*Taking Cartesian product of All three products so no of rows will be 200*200*200*/ proc sql; create table test as select * from date,prod,cust; quit; /*Creating MDDB*/ proc mddb data = test out=hi ; class year qtr month dow day date prod_group prod_slmn prod_type prod_city prod1 prod2 cust_group cust_slmn cust_type cust_city town cust ; var count/sum; run;