Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:49:55 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Gregg Snell <gsnell@DATASAVANTCONSULTING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Encryption in SAS??

Greetings,

There are at least two options that I can think of. One is to write the code in SCL which is compiled into a catalog entry that can be called in batch mode. The other is to actually compile your existing "data step" code, though I don't think that works for procs. Below is a brief excerpt (Viergever said not to snip!) from the online doc:

Creating a Stored Compiled DATA Step Program The ability to compile and store DATA step programs allows you to execute the stored programs later. This can reduce processing costs by eliminating the need to compile DATA step programs repeatedly. The following DATA step example compiles and stores a DATA step program. It uses the ALTER password option, which allows the user to replace an existing stored program, and to protect the stored compiled program from being replaced.

data testfile / pgm=stored.test_program (alter=sales); set sales_data; . . .more SAS statements. . . run; For more information about stored compiled DATA step programs, see SAS Language Reference: Concepts.

Executing a Stored Compiled DATA Step Program The following example executes a stored compiled DATA step program. It uses the DESCRIBE statement to write a copy of the source code to the SAS log.

libname stored 'SAS data library';

data pgm=stored.employee_list; describe; execute; run; SAS data library'more SAS statements

HTH...

Gregg P. Snell Data Savant Consulting (913) 638-4640 (208) 977-1943 fax http://www.datasavantconsulting.com

(David and Bill, that's 2 !)

"pobeda" <pobeda1917@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:smrtbucfsnt4i09n8lnol2rmc7r5ca2oav@4ax.com... > At work I have a lot of SAS programs scheduled to run on machines that > can be accessed by a lot of people (for some reason I cannot have the > pc's locked). > > This means anybody can open the programs using notepad and see the > code behind it. Is there some sort a encryption in SAS that would > "scramble" the programs so they can be protected ?? > > Any help would be greatly appreciated. > > >