Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:10:24 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         James Blaha <jblaha@PACE.EDU>
Subject:      SAS Code Windows and MainFrame

Hello All: Quit a busy day on SAS-L!

Issue:

1.. When I upload my Windows SAS Code to the mainframe it exceeds column 72. I can't view the entire line unless I issue a right command in XEDIT. Does anyone have some suggestions to code in Windows and then upload to the mainframe and not have any viewing problems?

2.. When I upload my program tabs are displayed in an odd format on the mainframe. Depending on a few accounts I have used I have seen "L's" in one file and extra ";" semicolons in another. Am I doing something wrong? Below is a sample "Ä" represent where there would be a tab.

My goal is to upload nicely formatted code and have it look and function on the mainframe.

1 /*LIBNAME sasuser 'c:\sasuser' ;*/

2

3 PROC FORMAT;

4 ÄValue colorfmt

5 ÄÄÄlow-<0 = 'RED'

6 ÄÄÄ0-high = 'BLACK' ;

7

8 PROC FORMAT;

9 ÄValue colorlinefmt

10 ÄÄÄlow-<0 = 'RED'

11 ÄÄÄ0-high = 'GREEN' ;

12

13 OPTIONS /* LINESIZE = 150 */

14 /* PS = 100 */

15 NODATE

16 ÄÄNUMBER

17 NOBYLINE

18 ÄÄPAPERSIZE = legal

19 ÄÄORIENTATION = landscape

20 LEFTMARGIN = "0.25in" RIGHTMARGIN = "0.25in"

21 TOPMARGIN = "0.25in" BOTTOMMARGIN = "0.25in" ;

Thanks Once Again,

James Blaha