Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:32:43 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Richard M. Smith" <rmsmith@POBOX.COM>
Subject:   Re: SAS/Intrnet--broker refuses to function!

On 29 Apr 02 17:08:32 GMT, michael@BASSETTCONSULTING.COM (Michael L. Davis) wrote:

>Hello Richard, > >Ah, many of us on SAS-L have felt your pain! > >Can you give us a little more to work with? When you say "nothing works", >what is nothing? On the computer next to me now, when I type >"...broker.exe?" on a URL line, I get links to: > >- Application Dispatcher Administration >- SAS/IntrNet Samples >- SAS/IntrNet Documentation > >I could be wrong (often am) but I smell a rat with your web server since >d:\... works but the browser doesn't.

Mad doggy,

I've thought about this too. The M$ Security Update CD was applied to this server *prior* to SAS being installed. I've started combing the registry hives for executable permissions and/or broker strings. Who knows; I suppose I could try another server installation on a desktop box.

-- Sincerely, Richard M. Smith (509) 754-0259 rmsmith@pobox.com