Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 May 2002 08:50:51 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Charles Patridge <Charles_S_Patridge@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Question about format libs...

Dear Gigi,

Try this:

libname testfmts "c:\testfmt"; libname prodfmts "c:\prodfmt"; libname libx "c:\wherever"; /*** use PROD FORMATS before TEST FORMATS ***/ OPTIONS FMTSEARCH=(LIBRARY prodfmts testfmts libx);

/*** use TEST FORMATS before PROD FORMATS ***/ OPTIONS FMTSEARCH=(LIBRARY testfmts prodfmts libx);

then the rest of your SAS program

As you can see, you can multiple format libraries with the use of FMTSEARCH. Just know that the search order can make a difference as to which format version you wish to use - that is, a format of the same name in multilple format libraries.

I believe the default format library is WORK if you do not define LIBRARY.

By using FMTSEARCH, you can use many format libraries - all at the same time.

PS: You do not need the TESTFMTS or PRODFMTS in my example but it was a way to introduce you to the possibility of having multiple format libraries in case you ever needed them.

HTH, CHarles Patridge Email: Charles_S_Patridge@prodigy.net