Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 May 2002 08:20:30 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mark Moran <mark.k.moran@CENSUS.GOV>
Subject:      Re: Creating duplicate records
Comments: To: prasad.s.ravi@HOUSEHOLD.COM

Daren:

I never use Proc Append because I've been burned by it before. Each time you run the program, unless you do clean up you will get different results. I would suggest instead a second data step, more or less as shown below, which would replace the Proc Append below:

Data version2; set temp original; run;

Daren:

Simple way to do this is to output all the single.dose records into another temporary dataset and append it to the original dataset.

Like:

data temp; set original; by dose; if first.dose then output; run;

proc append base=original data=temp; run;

Prasad Ravi