Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 May 2002 16:45:12 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Kenneth Moody <KennethMoody@FIRSTHEALTH.COM>
Subject:      Re: Creating duplicate records
Comments: To: daren.austin@LINEONE.NET

Daren, You need to output the same row twice. One method to do that is:

if first.dose then output; <... your other statements ...> * note that if there is any output statement in a data step, you don't get the default output at the end of the step so you must do it explicitly; output;

Ken Moody First Health, Metrics Department Voice: 916-374-3924 EMail: KennethMoody@firsthealth.com

>>> "Daren Austin" <daren.austin@LINEONE.NET> 05/15/02 03:17PM >>> For some obscure reason I need to INSERT duplicates of a record at certain points in a database with a single variable changed (I'm creating a control file for a pharmacokinetic analysis using NONMEM if that means anything to anyone here). Could someone point me in the correct direction please.

Essentially I want something like:

if first.dose then... duplicate this record only

The record will ultimately not be exactly identical but I'll change the single parameter (called CMT) on a second data step.

I searched the archive and there is plenty on removing them :-)

Kind regards,

Daren