Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 May 2002 15:08:28 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Droogendyk, Harry" <Harry.Droogendyk@CIT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Quick question

colon does the trick.

data new; set old (keep = duration: ); run;

-----Original Message----- From: Cacialli, Doug [mailto:Doug_Cacialli@URMC.ROCHESTER.EDU] Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 2:14 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Quick question

I know that a solution to this question is floating around out there in the archives somewhere, but I've been searching for close to thirty minutes and I can't find it.

I'm attempting to split up a data set with a LOT of variables (too many to list in a KEEP statement and still get out of here tonight, anyway). Almost all the variables share a handful of common prefixes (i.e., DURATION1, DURATION2, DURATION3, DURATION4, etc.). The desired result is to have a handful of datasets, each consisting of all the variables sharing a common prefix.

So how do I tell SAS to keep all variables of a certain prefix? Thanks y'all.

Doug out.

Douglas Cacialli - Data Manager / Data Analyst

Sleep and Depression Research Laboratory

University of Rochester Medical Center

300 Crittenden Blvd. - Box PSYCH

Rochester, New York 14642

Phone: (585)273-3309 Fax: (585)273-3682