Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 May 2002 11:13:23 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Smith, Curtis, Mr, DCAA" <Curtis.Smith@DCAA.MIL>
Subject:      Re: SAS Connect session configuration problems
Comments: To: "Steve D." <steven.dobson@SCOTIABANK.COM>

I have the very same software as you and mine works. Are you using the following options?

options remote=C comamid=ehllapi;

Where remote= is set to the session ID you assign to the Extra! Session using the Extra! Global Preferences. This is critical. Connect won't find your Extra session without this being properly defined and will return an error that it cannot find HLLAPI. If you have this set correctly and it still does not find HLLAPI, then you need to check to see what HLLAPI DDL Extra! Is using. If not the default, it may be using a variant. In that case, you have to use the statement:

options set=vqdllname dll-name;

To define the variant HLLAPI DLL, such as EHLAPI32.

-----Original Message----- From: Steve D. [mailto:steven.dobson@SCOTIABANK.COM] Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 8:15 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS Connect session configuration problems

Hi there,

We are having problems with PC SAS V8.1 running on Windows 2000, where SAS Connect cannot be configured for EHLLAPI running via Attachmate Extra! 6.5.

A little background....

Our users use SAS/ASSIST to configure remote connections to both CMS and MVS. So, they run SAS/ASSIST, set the startup mode to Workplace and click Continue. They then click on Remote Connect and select Edit remote connection. They then click on Add, to create a new configuration.

But, with our Windows 2000 machines, if they click on the COMAMID button, only TCP is available. Everything else is greyed out. We can't select EHLLAPI.

On our Windows 95 machines running the same versions of Extra and PC SAS, EHLLAPI is available.

I've seen posts regarding Extra and the Windows search path (make sure Extra is first in the search path) but this hasn't made any difference. On Win2K the path isn't set in the Autoexec, so I've changed it under the Environment settings.

I would guess that SAS isn't seeing the EHLLAPI files, but I don't know what to try next. I've also tried the same SAS/CONNECT setup on a Win2K machine running IBM PCOM as the emulator, and the same results are produced - no EHLLAPI - so I don't think its Extra.

Has anyone had SAS/CONNECT and Extra working on a Windows 2000 machine?

Thanks.

Steve Dobson IBM Global Services Bank Of Nova Scotia account.