Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:45:28 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Arthur J. Kendall" <Arthur.Kendall@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Inserting Variables Using Syntax
Comments: To: Kathy Marshall <KMarshall@chp.ca.gov>

Could you explain why you need a macro or script rather than a set of syntax?

Please tell us more about what you need to do. What is the same / different at the different time points? Will you be doing an identical process on the later files but never putting the data from different times together? Will you be establishing a "backbone" and replacing the values of some cases? How important is an audit trail? Will each file have an identical format?

Is it possible that you could make a syntax file and just include it in small syntax files that specify input and output files?