Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:51:00 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Raffe, Sydelle, SSA" <DRaffe@co.alameda.ca.us>
Subject:      multiple records per case

I've been trying to create a data file with 3 records per case; I want to have a case id in the first 23 columns of each record. After that each record has different variables in it. I've tried many ways to read the data into 3 records but no luck. SPSS doesn't like the fact that I'm repeating the case id on each record.

I have a fixed ascii data file which has the three records per case but I can't read it into SPSS as 3 records. I also tried writing the data file so that information for all cases was in 1 record and tried to read that into 3 records in SPSS. Nope. The data files are being written from an SPSS file where all the information is on one record per case. Help please.

Sydelle Raffe OAP 1106 Madison Avenue Oakland, CA 94607 phone (271(2)9143) e-mail (draffe@co.alameda.ca.us