Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Jun 2002 14:28:56 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         YCF <s007422@CUHK.EDU.HK>
Subject:      How to read the compustat files by using proc datasource?

When I try to read in the datafile (from Compustat ,S & P), I don't know why the log file always shows' Truncated records' and thus no observation is read in!!

filename cdna <path name>; /*cdna: for file 'cdnann'*/ libname lib <lib path name>; proc datasource filetype=csauc infile=cdna lrecl=8332; outby=stocks outby=cdnann; run; proc print data=stocks; run;

however, it cannot read in any data......Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks very much!