Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Jun 2002 10:03:06 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J." <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: interview with Dr. Jim Goodnight poofreading

> From: Dave Birch [mailto:David.Birch@QSUPER.QLD.GOV.AU] > Executive interview with Dr. Jim Goodnight - "SAS Knows no Boundaries" > http://www.dmreview.com/master.cfm?NavID=193&EdID=5246

definitely have to send this back for metaphor review:

Continues Cooke, "We have had a number of discussions with financial analysts around the issue that when they cover the BI vendors in our space, a lot of them don't mention SAS. They tend to mention four vendors in our space. However, when you add all the revenues of these vendors, the sum doesn't equal ours. A few financial analysts are beginning to mention SAS prominently, and all of them are starting to realize that we're

>>>---> an 800-pound elephant. <---<<<

They're starting to understand and believe in what we do." These financial analysts should have followed the lead of the company's customers who have been believing in the company since 1976.

would you believe: orangutan?

how about : 800-lb gorilla?!