Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:15:58 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: SAS 8.1 Import of MS Access Tables problem
Comments: To: "diana.noble@PRUDENTIAL.COM" <diana.noble@PRUDENTIAL.COM>

Diana, try

Options validVarName=any ;

on SAS v8.1. I went straight from SAS v8 to SAS v8.2, so I don't know if this will work.

How are you trying to get the tables. I prefer the ODBC engine in a LIBNAME statement.

Ed

-----Original Message----- From: Diana Noble [mailto:diana.noble@PRUDENTIAL.COM] Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 9:59 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS 8.1 Import of MS Access Tables problem

I thought that the ability to directly import MS Access tables directly into SAS datasets wholly intact was going to be my dream come true (I know... I should get better dreams!).

However, when accessing a database containing dozens of tables, I found to my dismay, that not all of the table names appear on the SAS import table menu. Does anyone know why this would be?

I was eventually able to get my table created by crunching ODBC code under SAS 6.12. However, this created the truncated variable names. When I tried the same code through SAS v 8.1, my log said that the variable names were illegal under SAS v 6.12.

Anyone have any ideas?