Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:25:06 +0100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Peter Watson <peter.watson@mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk>
Subject:      Re: post hoc tests in GLM
Comments: To: Rochelle Reno <rreno@ucla.edu>

A quick possible fix:I find using the options button in the repeated measures window and putting the factor of interest in the display means for window, then clicking on compare main effects allows you to choose various adjustments for multiple tests. This will handle a constant covariate (varying across subjects which I would assume age usually is).

For a varying covariate (ie one that varies with the level of the repeated measure) one would need syntax unless you are lucky enough to have the version 6.0 dialogue box.

Best

Peter

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Rochelle Reno wrote:

> My design is a 1 factor (3 levels) repeated measures MANOVA with 5 levels of > the dependent variable. Age is a covariate. SPSS GLM - Repeated Measures > will not allow post hoc tests (i.e., button grayed out) on the age adjusted > DV marginal means. How, then, do I control the error rate for paired > comparisons between the 3 levels of the IV? > > Thanks to anyone. >

" " A pinch of probability is worth a pound of perhaps

James Thurber

Peter Watson MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit 15 Chaucer Road Cambridge CB2 2EF

Tel: +44 01223 355294 Ext. 801 Fax: +44 01223 359062 Email: peter.watson@mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk