Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:40:20 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Cathy Ward <cward@NCACCESSCARE.ORG>
Subject:      MS Access to SAS Date Interpretation

I received a data set from an external source, created by a 6.12 ver of SAS, which in turn was exported into an MS Access table. The dates are listed in a DDMMMYY format, and as MS Access uses different nomenclature, are stored as character rather than date/time variables. I am now trying to import these data sets into my ver 8 SAS and am having trouble getting these fields to be recognized as dates. Any suggestions as to how to convert these character values to a date SAS recognizes would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Catherine Ward, RN, MSN/MBA Clinical Data Analyst 3500 Gateway Centre Boulevard, Suite 130 Morrisville, NC 27560-8501 Phone: (919) 380-9962/Fax: (919) 468-8573 CWard@ncaccesscare.org