Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:54:39 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Parry, James" <jparry@spss.com>
Subject:   Re: If Then...
Comments:   To: Wesley Church <Wesley.Church@socwk.utah.edu>

This should work for filtering.

*string data.

compute selct1 = (var00001 ne "I do not remember").

exe.

filter by selct1.

*or if numeric.

compute selct2 =(var00002 ne 1).

exe.

filter by selct2.

-----Original Message----- From: Wesley Church [mailto:Wesley.Church@socwk.utah.edu] Sent: Fri 8/9/2002 9:58 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Cc: Subject: If Then...

I have a dichotomous variable where the respondants answer to the response "I do not remember" I want to filter out the responses that checked I do not rember and then do a count on 10 ohter variables. I would like any suggestions on how I might accomplish this.

i.e. I have 18 people who checked this response, I do not want to use these 18 response with the other possible response.

thanks

Wesley T. Church II, M.S.W. Research Analyst Social Research Institute University of Utah Graduate School of Social Work 395 S. 1500 E. Rm 121A Salt Lake City, UT 84112 (801) 585-5383 fax: (801) 585-6865